These are 5 reasons why we believe that Tiny Houses are a very good choice when building a home:
- Lower cost: The bigger a house is, the more expensive it is in terms of construction, taxes, heating, maintenance, and repair. For this reason, a large number of people have joined this ideology, since, in addition to spending much less, they can reduce their ecological footprint.
- Environment: According to UN data, the residential sector uses 40% of the planet’s total resources and is responsible for more than a third of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions. Becoming a very good option to build instead a Tiny Cabin in terms of ecology, since less space reduces the number amount of materials, labor, waste, etc., in addition to incorporating the concepts of self-sufficiency and recycling of materials.
- Flexibility: The Tiny Cabin suggests an adaptation to a new type of citizen-nomads, who no longer want to be anchored for life to a single place, but are willing to move in search of new opportunities or a better environment for their children to grow up.
- Response to homelessness: nowadays they are being used by charitable organizations in order to address the lack of housing in cities and the urgency to build better quality social housing.
- Promotes community life: Tiny House promotes a large percentage reduction of the built space in which we live with greater flexibility in the way of living, but always concentrated in smaller spaces and consequently, in a simpler and more open life towards public space. This could generate positive consequences at the urban level, forcing people to occupy public spaces to a greater extent, generating ties with their neighbors, and enhancing community life, knowledge sharing, and mutual collaboration.
Our Tiny Cabin proposal
As a studio, we designed our Tiny Cabin proposal that will be part of a collaborative community of sustainable tourist accommodation. It is 24.5 square meters in size including a bedroom, living room, kitchen, bathroom, and storage spaces.
This is the Leaf Tiny Cabin, designed by our studio and intended for 2-3 people, incorporating all the necessary interior programming in a 24.5 m2 dwelling with elegance and luxury by bringing together the basic places of living, which are: a place to sleep, wash, eat, rest and socialize. The minimal use of walls allows connecting with the landscape and the environment. The curvilinear lines give way to a calm, light, and peaceful environment. With a master bedroom with a double bed and a 180-degree view of its surroundings. A living area that includes a kitchen with full equipment and everything you need to enjoy a moment in your own space surrounded by nature.